For the past couple weeks Isaac has been going to play therapy based on a recommendation from our pediatrician at his 3 year check-up. I was telling the Dr. that we are still having some big seperation anxiety issues, slight impulse control concerns, and of course Isaac's endless need to move and talk. He has a motor that just never stops.
Here are some pictures of him at his therapy session. She has diagnosed him with very mild sensory perception issues. Some of his symptoms are not liking his hands in rice or beans or getting dirty with shaving cream. He bounces around a lot and likes to bang and bump into things. He struggles with focusing and staying on task...stuff along those lines. She thinks a couple months of play therapy along with a rich "sensory diet" at home will help him immensely throughout his life as he learns to deal with outside sensors.
So I will continue to post about his progress and the things we are doing here at home to help him, along with some books I am reading to help us learn techniques that will give Isaac the best start in life. Wish us luck on our new journey!!
3 friends commented!:
That is so interesting Laurie. It looks as though he is having a blast! I would love to learn how you found where to take him...was it referral, or did you just know where to go. We are still waiting to hear from ECI.
I bet that he is really having a great time there...and now he will get to go and play on the beach! SO much fun...
wow! that looks SO fun!:)
i want big kid play therapy.
:)
hhaha
have fun on the cruisee!
LOVEYOU.
paige.
I just have to say...I can not wait to see Ha-Why- pictures!!! Seriously, I need my Isaac and Vivi fix!
Post a Comment