Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Problem with Hair



One of the biggest comments we get when people meet Vivianna is "Look at her hair! Little Pebbles Flintstone, adorable." Yes, we do have a preferred hairstyle with her and ya'll know what it is. Now, I have to admit that I often feel guilty about tightly binding my babies soft, delicate mop into a single tiny little hair band. Especially, when I read that this can cause bald patches, eek. However, need I remind you of what the first 4 months looked like?

Yep, that's right. This was how she looked day and night.


And combing has never helped, it will just pop right back up.


This was taken the other night, you can see things aren't much different in the hair department, we have just found a better way to manage it! Now, don't take me the wrong way. I love her hair. I have friends that pray and plead with their daughter's hair to just grow long enough so they will be able to stop fielding the "how old is he?" questions. I am pleased that her hair is growing, alot. And this means we have been able to try some new styles...

Like the side barrett.

And although this is so precious, it just does not stay in like the top pony tail.

So hopefully you will be able to enjoy seeing Vivi in some more natural hair styles in the future, but for now we will stick with Pebbles. She was the cutest Flintstone, afterall.

4 friends commented!:

Anonymous said...

Billy is too funny in that picture!
I loved this entry...it's fun to see how she has grown...even the hair!

Anonymous said...

I am one of those mommies that pray for Sydney's hair to grow. She is still bald and I still get that question: "how old is she" and this is a new one, "why do you like to keep her hair so short"? Vivi is so cute. I can't believe how much she has grown. Soon enough you will be planning her
1st birthday party. Crazy thought!

Anonymous said...

She is still Grandmas DOLL FACE no matter
what her hair looks like.

Anonymous said...

geez, i missed ALOTT of blog posts!

but i think her hair is adorable! :)
hhaha, i like this post!