I love seasons. I love looking back at pictures I've taken of the kids at waterparks in the summer, pumpkin patches in the fall, all bundled up in winter coats in the winter, and dressed up in pretty spring outfits. Fall is my favorite season and it's too bad in Texas, summer lasts more than half the year! But I love summer. I love the laziness of the days that go on forever (although I also get restless). I love the smell of sunscreen and the heaviness of a big towel. I love flipflops and sunglasses, blonde hair and bright pink nail polish (on my toes of course). I love the way my baby's skin tans to a nice golden brown even when it is coated in SPF. I love seeing my kids in shorts and swimsuits. I love eating cold fruit and hot corn-on-the cob. I LOVE icecream and smoothies. Summer is a time to relax from the busy-ness of Fall and the holidays. I love walking into a blast of air conditioning. The sun warms me and lifts my spirits. It also can make me hot and grouchy...but this where the icecream comes in. :) I love summer.Saturday, July 12, 2008
Seasons
I love seasons. I love looking back at pictures I've taken of the kids at waterparks in the summer, pumpkin patches in the fall, all bundled up in winter coats in the winter, and dressed up in pretty spring outfits. Fall is my favorite season and it's too bad in Texas, summer lasts more than half the year! But I love summer. I love the laziness of the days that go on forever (although I also get restless). I love the smell of sunscreen and the heaviness of a big towel. I love flipflops and sunglasses, blonde hair and bright pink nail polish (on my toes of course). I love the way my baby's skin tans to a nice golden brown even when it is coated in SPF. I love seeing my kids in shorts and swimsuits. I love eating cold fruit and hot corn-on-the cob. I LOVE icecream and smoothies. Summer is a time to relax from the busy-ness of Fall and the holidays. I love walking into a blast of air conditioning. The sun warms me and lifts my spirits. It also can make me hot and grouchy...but this where the icecream comes in. :) I love summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 friends commented!:
Post a Comment