

Ya'll know I am always on the search for books that depict African Americans as the main character heros and heroines. Needless to say, this is not an easy feat! So when I came across the above Cinderella book at Half Price for one dollar, I snatched it right up and smiled all the way home! The prince in the book has a braided pony tail! I went to the publishers website, http://www.hyperionbooksforchildren.com/ to search for the other three in the series (Little Red Riding Hood is not pictured) and the site was not much help. But shockingly Target has them for $3.50 plus shipping! I am going to have to add the other 3 to our wishlist, because we don't have extra money- but Isaac was very excited to see these books as he is beginning to point out other African Americans in pictures, ads, and on TV. Thanks so much "Jump at the Sun" for thinking outside the fairy tale box!! And once again...Target has come through for us!
4 friends commented!:
Yay! Good to know!!! Thanks!!!
You have to search real hard on the site to find them. If you get to the list of books go down to JATS and that's where the fairy tales are. They are 3.50 there as well. They even have Noah's Ark and a few other Biblical ones.
that is awesome! i have had the same problem finding african american dolls, especially waldorf ones.
Thanks Debbie!
I saw the Noahs Ark and a Adam and Eve story but I am picky about Biblical interpretations!
Let me know if you order any from them and what the shipping is there!
Post a Comment