Our adoption agency's fundraising Gala was last night. It was a great event. Billy and I and Vivianna's birthmother told our story and spoke about open adoption. It was a blessing to have a relaxing night with her birthfamily. My parents came and so did Billy's mom, so we were all at the same table. I have some better pictures of us on stage, but the birthfamily is in those and I choose to respect their privacy by not posting about them. There are some really cute pictures of Vivi's 3 year old birth-sister feeding her mashed potatoes. Both kids just doted on her and wiped her face and hands with napkins and wanted to sit with her. It was very fun for them to have that time. Isaac, still recovering, spent most of the night glued to a tiny DVD player that my parents brought. I will post how much money the Gala raised when we find that info out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 friends commented!:
Oh my goodness, that handprint frame is so creative, what a great gift! Very touching!
That frame is so cute, and of course your still so creative!
I hope we can spend the night soon!
I wish I would have talked about it earlier cause i have NO PLANS for this weekened! Wow, haha
Love&Miss you!
I love the hand prints. That is such a great idea.
Glad you had a good time with her birth family.
Post a Comment