I used to love grocery shopping and then we hit a budget crisis and now I hate it because it is so hard to get what I want to feed my family at a good price. We can't really afford Central Market or Whole Foods, so when I walked into our area's latest little beauty today....it was bliss! Near our school has been construction on a grocery store called Market Street. My Mom and I went today and spent two hours with the kids there! They had the best coupon offers for lots of free products including smoothies in the cafe...yum! Plus $10 off a $50 purchase. You have to ask for them at the customer service desk. It is laid out so nice like the other mentioned stores, but they sell everything we would normally buy plus all the items we cannot find in one store, like our Annie's bunnies!!
We bought this cereal which is new. They have every single Annie's product off the website including ones we have never had before like:
Plus they had options in the organic milk area for school lunches!
Horizon organic has been replaced around here!
You can get a coupon for free green reusable sacks and they give you grocery credit every time you bring them back instead of using plastic bags!
But...the thing I was most excited about was the 40% off meat bin. The meat manager told me that they only keep the freshest meat in the display case, so when it has a few days left to go until it is to be sold by, they mark it down and put it in the bin! We can eat it within 3 days or freeze it. I got chicken for less than $2, swiss steak, a pot roast...and other stuff. I have had to really cut back on meat I cook because of the rise in grocery costs, and I am not a huge fan of meat products myself, but protein is the best way to fill Isaac up- so this discounted meat is going to be a real blessing in our life!
Their prices were comparable to Kroger, not as good as Walmart. But, with a lot of the products being there that I can't get other places, and their store brand canned goods were a great price plus that meat bin- this may turn into my regular grocery store. I won't even go on about the bakery and floral section!! Let's just say I am in love with this store, if you couldn't tell by this enthusiastic, rambling post! I am taking Billy there today to try the free coffee and we are taking the kids and cousins back tomorrow to get pictures with Diego!
1 friends commented!:
You're so funny! The deals do sound fantastic. I might have to find the one closest to us and see if they have the same deals.
Post a Comment