Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

HALLELUJAH!!

Sorry for the graphic picture.

The tiny little beast that has been terrorizing us for over a month now is gone. Billy was going to work and saw him on the side of the washing machine and came running in to wake me saying "he's dead, he's dead!" Of course I was like who? and had a rush of panic flood me but when I saw this, I let out the breath I had been holding since before Christmas. So mice DO like peanut butter. He had his last licks of the good stuff before BAM. Praise the Lord!! Now we can walk around here with peace of mind and I can buy groceries again without worrying about finding chewed up packages. Ewww. This is a glorious day! I told everyone that I wanted to actually see his carcass before I would truly believe he was gone. And there ya go. In living color.

What I wish I had a picture of was Oscar at 2 in the morning with a sticky trap stuck all the way across his face. Apparently he likes peanut butter too! I woke Billy up to "Honey!! Help me!! Oscar is in a mouse trap! Don't make me see him like this." Billy plopped him in the bathroom sink and ripped it right off without even a wimper from the pup. He did look a little dazed and confused afterward! When I told Billy this morning that I wish I had taken a picture of that he said "well go stick one on him and take a picture." He has always had it out for that dog.

Oh, thank you Lord that our mouse drama is OVER!!!