Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Mouse

***UPDATE***

***We never found the mouse, but the maintenance people blocked up a little hole behind our fridge where they said he was coming in and out. So now he has no axcess back in. Tomorrow my mother is coming over and the 3 of us are deep cleaning the carpets and apartment. Once that is done, I will feel better. We are back tonight though and despite my parents wonderful hospitality--boy does my bed and down comforter feel good! There is nothing like home. Now just pray that Vivi sleeps through the night and life will be great for me!***

And I don't mean Mickey.

We have had a mouse in our apartment for awhile now. We laid down traps and never caught him and just when I thought he was gone, he turned up again. It has really been gross and I couldn't take living with a mouse anymore so the kids and I are staying at my parents house until this thing gets taken care of, so I won't be updating the blog much until we are home.

Pray the traps work this time!

8 friends commented!:

nell ann said...

you should try peanut butter. mice love peanut butter.

Laurie said...

Yes, everyone has told us about the PB. We laid down sticky mice mats scented with that and it didn't work in the course of a week. We have some super duper ones now and added real PB to them and in 3 days it still hasn't worked. I really don't know what to do now. Waiting him out is not working.

Gloria Furman said...

I am so sorry that this made me laugh out loud-- Remember that time when you came home and there was a spider at the bottom of the stairs and you had to wait for me to come save you? If I could come over to catch your mouse, I would. And you know I would be happy to do it. :-)

czstout said...

Yikes, not jelous!! Good luck Laurie!

Anonymous said...

Oh mu gosh, Gloria!! Yes! I forgot that! I just told Billy and my Dad that story and they laughed. I was so thirsty and needing to get to the kitchen and you took so long to come home.

I don't like spiders.

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

Hey Laurie,
well, I'm glad the apt. management found where he is coming from. Hope you don't see him again.Yucky!

Deb said...

So glad they were able to plug the whole. I'm sure after the cleaning project was done you feel great!

Hope Vivi starts sleeping better. I was out of town this weekend and Izzy was with the grandparents. She slept from 9 to 5:00 both nights. Last night was torture for Dave and I as she was up 4 times and once was for almost 2 hours. I was almost desperate enough to take her back to the grandparents last night.

Laurie said...

Debbie- Vivi sleeps better with her grandparents too! What gives?