Saturday, January 31, 2009
What?!
Does this Octuplet story not absolutely disgust you? This woman has never been married and had to conceive 6 children by in-vitro, including a set of twins- then went back to have the rest implanted and came up with eight!! According to her mother she is obsessed with having children and has been trying since she was a teen. This explains why she has chosen to remain anonymous for the past week. Have you ever heard of anything more selfish in your life? Her own mother who lives with her says in this article that when she comes home with the babies, she is leaving. As the article implies- as a single mother, this woman will have to be on welfare eventually to support all of these kids. So we as taxpayers get to pay for her desire to have 8 embryos implanted in her body and to acquire 14 children. Shocking....truly shocking. Those fertility dr.'s should lose their license. Other fertility Dr's have spoken out against them in this article, even claiming there is no way it could have been done by a legitimate dr. and maybe it was fertility drugs- but no, her mother confirms it was once again in-vitro.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 friends commented!:
Ack! First I can't imagine having 14 children. I mean I would like 4 and would be happy with more if God told us to but 14 is a bit much.
It's all ridiculous. But not the first time so many have been implanted I think. You know that show John and Kate + 8 (I'm sure you haven't seen it but might have heard of it) their sextuplets (that's 6 right?) where at least 7 when implanted. I think it's so dangerous for not just the mother but the babies to try for that many.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I just can not imagine having that many children. Besides that the danger of the pregnancy, being that it would be high risk due to the multiple births. Not to mention quality of life for the children. I would want all of my children to have the same opportunity in life and not struggle.
Kristy
On a positive note...I praise God that she at least gave all of these babies an opportunity for life, rather than discard the embryos or abort ("selectively reduce") them once they were implanted. I just think of how many couples would have been willing and eager to do embryo adoption. I can only imagine how painful it would be to place those embryos for adoption, but in my opinion would have been the most selfless and responsible thing to do.
I shudder at the hospital bills alone with all babies in the NICU...there is no way that she can support all of these children on one salary.
I'm glad that they are all here and healthy...she put herself at great risk.
Post a Comment