Months ago I began following a blog in the adoption community, a blog like many others- a waiting family. A couple in another state waiting for their first child to be born, waiting to be matched with a birthmother actually. I followed along as they decorated the gorgeous nursery, had baby showers, and shopped for clothing. Then I read and rejoiced as they posted about the news that a birthmother living states away had found their blog and contacted their agency about her pregnancy. She chose them to raise her son. I was very shocked to read posts about how they flew to meet her and her family, they posted pictures even!! Before the baby was born!
But I wasn't prepared for the beauty and joy I found when I stumbled upon that birthmother's blog. I quickly read through her whole blog, how she found out she was pregnant with her 5th child- how she broke the news to the birthfather-how she chose adoption. It was beautiful. And over the months I have read her stories, commented on her posts, and prayed for her. I fiercely defended her decision when a group of anti-adoption bullies wrote mean things in her comment section. She has been here to read my story and offer her words of encouragement. The excitement mounted as the birth approached, and I would go back and forth between the two blogs with dozens of other readers to watch the story unfold!
Well- praise the Lord their baby boy was born this week and is healthy!! The birthmother is now home from the hospital and posting about her grief as she processes letting go. This has been an amazing story to read and watch. As I am so sad for her and what she is going through, as an adoptive Mommy my heart also soars for the new parents of this little guy, as they soak in all his baby cuteness. Standing amazed, I am sure,that he is really here- that they are really parents! I can't wait to see their family photos, to read about his homecoming, to see him grow up. And especially to read about their very open adoption.
It is amazing to me how close you can get to people through their blogs. I have several ladies who read and comment on mine, that I have never met. I have reconnected with old college friends who found my blog. It feels good to not be alone in the world, doesn't it? To know that other people "get you", go through what you go through- the joys, the pain.
So I dedicate this post to my two blogging friends, Birthmom Rebekah and Adoptive Mom Rebekah (funny they both have the same name!!) as they share a mutual love for their brand new baby boy. Both of their blogs are not private, so I am sure they won't mind you going over there and offering your support too! I pray for the sadness and grief that surrounds adoption, both for the Mommy who was never given a child in her womb, as I know adoption does not completely erase years of pain and heartache. And I pray for the broken heart of the Mommy whose womb no longer carries her child. Once again, joy mingled with grief....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 friends commented!:
Post a Comment