Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Black Cat

Last week I took the kids on an after dinner walk while Billy was at work and Isaac plucked this kitten out of a tree.
I couldn't just leave it there to be eaten up by a coyote or something, so she came home and was given some milk and tuna fish.
Then we couldn't just abandon her, so we put her in the garage. And of course she would need somewhere to sleep.

Everytime we go out into the garage, this is what we see. She never leaves this crib.

And of course on chilly mornings I couldn't make her eat outside.

Oscar did not appreciate having to hang out behind a baby gate while the cat ate her breakfast.




How could I resist a black kitten two weeks before Halloween.
OF course we do NOT have a cat. That is what Billy keeps saying atleast.
He is highly allergic and I will not be doing any kind of litterbox, so for now the cat will be fed from our garage until we get to taking her to a no-kill shelter.
We have incidentally named her Shadow. And I have been buying kitten food.
Billy says if I come home with a collar- it's over. :)

OH and the dog and cat have warmed up to each other fast. I call the cat "Oscar's cat" now because he is so preoccupied with it. He even lays by the garage door.
Lucy....well she is coming around. She is our family protector so she doesn't exactly welcome the cat on our property.

4 friends commented!:

czstout said...

It's like "If you give a mouse a cookie" :)

Jill said...

Awwwwww! I am a sucker for kitties!
What a cutie!

Laurie said...

Christy!
Ha!! YEah...if you give a cat some tuna, she will want to eat it in your kitchen. If she has a meal in your kitchen, she will want to stay the night. If she stays the night she will need a bed/doll crib to sleep in...and maybe a few mouse toys from the grocery store(shhh). If you give her a bed and toys she might just stick around longer than you hoped.

If she sticks around your kids might start calling her "Shadow" and get attached. If they get attached, your husband's throat will close up...

Deb said...

I thought the same thing reading this. If you give a cat a home...

He is so sweet. I asked a friend if she wants her. Will let you know if she does.