Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Shopping....Early/ **Edited to Add

I have been very surprised (happily so!) at the numerous sales that have been going on around town these days for Christmas. I can actually say as of today, I have bought about 75% of the gifts I will be buying this year! Mainly what is left are giftcards. I have even gone so far as to wrap them!! That is a true record, a week before Thanksgiving. I have been able to see many of the ads on http://www.black-friday.net/ of what retailers will be marking certain items down to, so I can guage is it worth the lines and mess on black friday or can I get it now on sale for just a few dollars more. I have opted in many cases for that! I will still go out to Kohls and probably Walmart on Black Friday but there will be no mad dashes to get any certain thing. I just love to shop, and that is fun for me! I was also so happy to get very pretty wrapping paper 50% off at Hobby Lobby this week. It is thick and there is a ton of it on the roll. My wrapped gifts are taking up floor space in the library right now, much to Billy's annoyance! You will get to see how cute the packages look when I take photos of our tree after we set it up next week. I just love this time of year!! Happy shopping!
***Edited to add- Kohls and Walmart are having "pre-black friday" sales which will be the same as their sales next weekend THIS weekend. SO go early and beat the crowds! I can now check two places off my black friday shopping and will be able to sleep in!

3 friends commented!:

Rebecca said...

Call me stupid, but I cannot figure out how to make the website you listed work for me. If I click on "Target black Friday deals" it just takes me to Target.com which does not have the Black Friday deals listed. The other links do about the same thing. When I click GPS, it takes me to Best Buy online, and their current prices for GPS systems. So far, I can't find any Black Friday deals!

Laurie said...

oh Rebecca! So sorry I forgot the hyphen. It is www.black-friday.net You can see all the ads online that have already been posted!

Deb said...

I like www.tgiblackfriday.com better this year. You can search by toys or electronics, whatever you're looking for. Of course all the stores are mixed together but you can search within the search too.

Anyhow, glad to know about Kohl's. We're looking for pots and pans and I figured they would have good deals. I'll have to check them out. Of course I just got a 15% off coupon card in the mail for black friday weekend.