
Thanksgiving dinner will be done up by yours truly this year at our house. My parents will be joining us which is fun! I love lounging around watching the parade on tv with the smell of pumpkin pies baking. Thanksgiving is such a great day! :) Yesterday Vivi and I stopped in at Michaels and Hobby Lobby where their decorations were seriously marked down. We bought a cute turkey table centerpiece in a wagon and some vintage paper decorations for the wall and sliding glass door. I say vintage because they remind me of my Elementary school in November. They will match this paper turkey we have out now. We always had one of these growing up too. I told myself my Thanksgiving day decor will get classier when the kids get older.
Here is our menu:
Turkey- of course. I think I am going to be able to get this free at Market Street this year.
Sausage Stuffing
Orange Cranberry sauce (that I am going to make with fresh berries!)
Green Beans (out of a can, the only way we like them)
Wheat Rolls
Boston Market's Sweet Potato Casserole (the best anywhere)
Watergate Salad (pistachio pudding, pinapple, marshmallows, and cool whip)
and of course the crowning glory....pumpkin pie.
Billy will get the Thanksgiving brew from Starbucks which we will have to water down for my parents as they can't handle the strength. The question is, will it be cold that day? That would be awesome!!
6 friends commented!:
Thanks for visiting my blog. I loved reading your thanksgiving menu. Yummy!! After I read it I went and added the sweet potatoe dish to my menu. I had totoally forgot about it. :)
That sounds awesome! I love any holiday that centers around eating and family. You'll have to post photos after the big event!
Supposed to be in the 60's next week so there's hope for a chilly Thanksgiving.
Menu looks yummy! You make me wish we could do Thanksgiving at our place. You'll have to share that cranberry sauce recipe, I never thought to make my own.
Ok here is the cranberry sauce recipe:
heat 1 cup water, 1 1/2 cups sugar (I use splenda) and 1 cup orange juice to boiling, stirring. Boil 5 min. until sugar desolves, add 1 bag fresh cranberries over med. heat until boiling again then turn down and cover-simmering for 5 minutes. When the cranberries begin to pop, remove pan from heat stir and allow to cool for 20 minutes in pan while it thickens.
Put in covered container (plastic wrap touching the cranberries so they don't get a layer)and refridgerate for several hours or the day before- which is what I will do.
I will also be adding a can of mandarin oranges to the cold cranberry sauce. Yummy! :)
Hey Billy, How about some chai tea latte with skim milk full
strength for the mom. Yum Yum.
OMG I only like green beans from a can too!! I grew up on canned food. I have forced myself to eat fresh and frozen though as the canned has soooo much sodium.
Post a Comment