Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Four Years Ago Today

I woke up early, I am sure. I laid a brand new tiny toothbrush out on the bathroom counter.
I pulled little blue laundry out of the dryer, folded them and put them in a drawer that had previously been empty. I probably stacked diapers, put new sippy cups in the dishwasher. I know I vacuumed. I unwrapped two little plastic cars and placed them gently on top of an empty toy box. For this was the day that the course of our life would change forever. At around 3:00, a stranger would pull into my driveway and unload a toddler boy I had never seen in my life. I watched anxiously through just one slit in the blinds. I thought "he is a lot smaller than I pictured he would be." She brought him to my door and into my house, his house. He cried. Later, I cried. He needed alot of care. I felt up to the challenge.
On this day, I became his Mom...the only Mom he would ever know from that day on.
And he was my first born son.
He met his Daddy an hour later even though he would only go to me. That night we bathed him, twice. :) We dressed his little 16 month old body in size 9 month blue pajamas. We made phone calls..."he's here!" we cried. He was here. And this one would stay. He would fill up our lives in ways unmeasurable.
And he has.
Happy Homecoming Day, Isaac.

7 friends commented!:

KLTTX said...

Beautiful!!!

Deb said...

Beautiful! Bring tears to my eyes knowing how far he has come. Happy Homecoming Day Isaac!

Jill said...

This post just brought tears to my eyes! :)
Wow, he was soo tiny!
What special special memories!
Happy Homecoming indeed!

Unknown said...

Happy Homecoming Day! What a wonderful day to celebrate and to reflect on many precious memories God started in your family on that day! He is a handsome and amazing young boy, and it is a privilege to know about him even in small ways through your blog. I think God plans to use Isaac's heart and life in incredible ways, and He has already begun to do so. Thank you for letting me celebrate (in a VERY tiny way) with ya'll! Love, Lisa :)

Sissy said...

Okay, I'm crying and I don't even know you! I just clicked over from another blog and started reading. Congrats on such a wonderful day!

Laurie said...

Thank you for your gracious words, Ladies!

Lisa~ how sweet of you wanting to celebrate through our blog his special day! That among many other reasons is why I blog. The sense of community can be so comforting at times.

And Sissy- so glad to have you stop by on a special day! I will look over your blog as well!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me I don't know you but you just made me cry happy tears! What a Beautiful story. I to am a Adopted Mom and your story is so sweet!:)