Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Day Camp!


I am very excited that Isaac is going to be in day camp this coming week...not because I want a quiet house...although that is a bonus! But because the camp will be so great! A local mega church is doing a nutrition and fitness daycamp but because they were afraid that would be boring for kids, they have called it the Superhero Challenge! Each day has a Bible story about a hero (Daniel, Gideon, Deborah, Jesus, and The Samaritan). Also, everyday is a health challenge (i.e. food pyramids, bread group, dairy group, etc.) and a fitness challenge (i.e. gymnastics, a boot camp, karate, bounce houses, and dance) They will also have crafts like decorate a reusable water bottle and bottle pouch, a chef's apron and hat, a nutrition dial, and a blessing placemat). Then to top it all off, there will be visitors like musical groups, Chef Academy bringing a parfait activity, a guy who will teach them about dairy and actually milk a cow for them, and the fitness class leaders. Their camp verse that will be on all their crafts and their t-shirts is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Phil. 4:13. On the last day of camp they will sing two songs on stage for the parents, one by a band we just heard about from some friends who gave us a cd called "Go Fish". (Thank you, Flage's, we love it!) That song is fittingly called "Superhero". Then us parents will get a lesson on feeding our children well and exercise. If I volunteer, I got a $25 discount on tuition so tomorrow I will be in his class. I bought him healthy lunches to take with him for the week and hopefully tomorrow I can get some good pictures. Should be lots of fun!!!

3 friends commented!:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a blast!!! I hope you both have fun!

Deb said...

That sounds like a great camp. Full of so many fun things for the kids.

Shalene said...

What a great idea for a camp! Sounds like fun!