Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Planning a Party

In just 6 weeks from tomorrow, my oldest child will turn 6 years old.
That is crazy!!
We are planning a Backyard Carnival theme and will be inviting his entire kindergarten class, along with our other friends. The party will have game stations, a tattoo booth, a concession stand, a prize table, and a big bounce house (courtesy of Nana). The kids will use real tickets to cash in on their food and prizes. Parents.com has some really cute b-day party ideas including this one (which is where I swiped this photo from). I am especially excited about the themed cupcakes I will be doing, those will remain a surprise until the party. ;) Billy is requesting a four day weekend as I will need all hands on deck to pull this one off. Either he or our friend will be donning my red apron and working the yard as a popcorn vendor.
Today I worked on the invitations, getting rental prices for the bounce house, and making some to- do lists. This party is going to require me getting really crafty...so I am a little nervous about that. But, as you know I LOVE children's birthday parties...hosting them, going to them...it is all fun for me. My sister-in-law is coming here for labor day weekend, so maybe I can get her to tap into her sorority event days and paint some poster signs for me! Hopefully the weather will be cooler than his pumpkin patch party when he was 3. Ninety seven degrees in October just chaps my hide.

3 friends commented!:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

I love this idea!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! The kids are going to have a blast! We did bounce house for Sierra's birthday and none of the kids wanted to leave!!!

Deb said...

It is going to be AMAZING! Your best yet I'm sure. Does he know what you're planning or are you keeping it a surprise from him?

tif said...

YOU are SO good at this kind of thing!!! i just know the kids will appreciate all you did to make their special days extra, super, duper special! much love to you and yours!!!