Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

These Days...***Updated with a Video We Are In***

Connected for the Journey from Tapestry on Vimeo.




We have been busy this month, as the Fall usually goes for us!
Last Saturday night we had the joy of attending our adoption ministry's 5 year anniversary.
We went to the very first event in 2005 when we were at the beginning of our foster care training...my oh my how much 5 years can hold!The centerpieces on the table were gorgeous. Black gift boxes with photos of our families and children coming out of the boxes. Here is one with our friends Debbie, Dave, and Isabel on the left and the Dishman girls on the right. The Dishman's adopted their youngest daughter from the same agency we adopted Vivi from. She is about 9 months younger than Vivi.
There is Isabel again! And Michael with his son, Miles. Michael and Amy began the ministry with some good friends of theirs.
In other news, Isaac's party invitations went out.
His classmates all got licorice tied to theirs and the first night I already had an RSVP.
It has been raining SO much this month, so we are praying for a dry and sunny backyard for the carnival party that is only 2 weeks away now. I am so excited!! But it cannot rain!
So what do we do when it is raining?
We bake!
So happy for canned pumpkin to be on the shelves again.

This weekend, we got free tickets (given to us by Tapestry...woohoo!) to see Veggie Tales at the church we do Awana and VBS at.

Isaac was VERY excited and sang loudly every single word to every song!

J kept pointing at the stage, he couldn't get over it!


The young ones danced in the aisles.

2 friends commented!:

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

Love the blue cake! Glad it went well!
What did you bake with pumpkin?
I think we are going to make it to the party, fingers crossed. I hope we do.
I'll let you know this week.
Either way, I will pray no rain. What in the world will you do if there is rain??? I guess just stick Billy in the dunking booth and let the kids play in the puddles.
:)

Deb said...

Yuck, that's a lot of rain. Will be praying for no rain between now and then so it can dry out for the party.

So sad we couldn't be there to celebrate the 5th anniversary. Think it had only been about 4 years for me but so many good memories in those years.