Billy has been sick all weekend with a bad throat infection that resulted in a penicillin shot in a not-so-fun place. This photo was NOT taken this weekend, as noted by the smile on his face and the fact that kids are piled onto him...however the pajamas are authentic. He has been in extreme pain and very, very shall I say...not happy. Which means Mama has to do all the work for the 5th day in a row, AND deal with a grumpy husband (who can't even talk to me :( which has made me very grumpy as well. I have paused to take note that if one of us was disabled, this would be our life. So I have tried to serve the family with a generous spirit, but my selfish side has reared its ugly head a few too many times. All of this combined has made for a very BAD weekend. The highlights have been...The Cosby Show, Skyping with my sweet Gloria (and daughters!) who is due to deliver her 3rd baby any moment now, taking the kids out for lunch today, starting some of my Valentine's decor projects, and seeing that the kids CAN play alone and with each other in harmony...sometimes. This week I look forward to a new playdate with Isaac's 2nd BFF from school and his Mom, and her 3 year old brother who happens to be in J's class at school! She said they moved from out of state at the beginning of the year and have not made many friends...so I think it will be great for both of us to venture out and start a new relationship. And her son has the cutest face and disposition ever! When I take Isaac lunch, Caden sometimes sits with us and is just so sweet.
So...we will put this weekend behind us with pizza and America's Funniest Videos. And I will never be so glad to see two days end in my life!
3 friends commented!:
Oh no:(.. I hope the hubs starts feeling better FAST!!! When Daddy is down and out it makes for crazy times around here too!
It sucks when one spouse is out!!! We've had that almost this entire month. It sucks to be the sick one, and it sucks to be the one not sick - cause all the responsibilities are yours!
Throw in some bad moods, and it's a natural disaster!!!
But I love that you post about it...makes me feel less alone in our misery. lol.
in all seriousness, I hope he feels better soon!
I always have a hard time when my husband is sick too. I hope he is doing better today.
Post a Comment