Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time To Register For Camp!!!

I mentioned we are going to Colorado this summer. Well...now that I know I have SO many adoptive and foster family readers, I wanted to pass this amazing opportunity on to all of YOU!!!
We are going to Adoptive and Foster Family Camp at Horn Creek, Colorado Aug. 7-13th. This camp is open to ALL adoptive and foster families all over the country, and the really fun thing is that any child(ren) that have entered your family in the past year...gets to go free! It is a week of outdoor fun and family bonding. Adoptive and foster families eat all meals together provided by the camp, and will spend the evenings together. You also have the option to pay for white water rafting and horse back riding!
So go check out the Tapestry Blog that will lead you to the details.
Early bird registration ends very soon...so don't delay!
We are really looking forward to this time with some of the families we have known over the past 5 years and would LOVE if some of you bloggers brought your families too!
How much fun would that be? :)

4 friends commented!:

Deb said...

Really wish we could afford it, but then Dave can't go in the summer anyhow.
Will J be free since he'll have been home more then a year?

czstout said...

What a cool thing!!! Y'all are gonna have a blast :]

Hannah_Rae said...

Wow. That would be so cool, but the price seems really high, even with the kids being free. Almost $1000 for two adults for 6 days? We stayed at the church camp I grew up at for $12/night, and that included breakfast. Am I missing something?

What I found interesting is that according to google maps, it is exactly 24 hours from our house! :)

Blessings!

Hannah

Laurie said...

Hannah- I agree with you. I thought it was expensive too, that is why we were not able to go last year (the first year they did it) and likely won't be able to go again. But they do break it up into two payments AND it is 7 days (with an extra day that they let you arrive early). They serve 3 meals a day.