Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One Step Closer...

This afternoon, mediation is scheduled on J's case with CPS and the attorneys to move his case towards termination and adoption. We thought we were waiting to find out of his birthmother would show up to sign relinquishment papers, but it turns out she already did that!! She won't be coming today, but her attorney will be there to work out the details and get the paperwork ready to be submitted to the judge. We should have some kind of time frame at the end of next month as to when we will be able to go to court to finalize. We are one step closer to J becoming OURS forever!!

6 friends commented!:

KLTTX said...

Fantastic news!

Jenn and Joe said...

I have been waiting for this info for a few weeks now! I am so happy for you guys, and for J! I hope everything goes smoothly!

Brandi and Jeremy... said...

Whoooo hoooo!!! I'm so happy for you all. What a big sigh of relief...finally something went as planned.

What is the next step?

Snowmanlover said...

How very exciting!!! Can't wait to hear when this happens!

Kimberly said...

So happy to hear about J being one step closer to being a part of your family forever. This is great news!!!!!!!! Yay for J and all of you!

Melinda said...

I'm super excited for you guys---one step closer!