Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Surprise Baby Shower!!

My sweet friend Brooke organized a surprise baby shower brunch for me at Mimi's Cafe on Saturday! I had the BEST sante fe omelet. It was spicy and so goooood. I realized that I had not eaten a decent meal since Jasmine came home and the Lifegroup had sent us a few nights of dinner, because when the waiter tried to take my plate away that contained only two small potatoes and a bite of omelet left- I just about bit his hand off! Here I am with Brooke!

I have known Brooke since college, we have shared a love for rescue dogs and she was my pet store protest buddy a couple summers ago. I am SO not good at keeping up with people. I rarely hang out with girlfriends anymore- hardly EVER talk on the phone, and am not even the best at checking in with people. My mind since J came home and all the work I have had to do with him-has had me so focused on our family, that months go by between visits with friends. So the fact that some dear friends stick with me even despite my many shortcomings, has blessed me in this season of my life more than words can describe. Okay...back to the shower!

Brooke ordered the MOST delicious, gorgeous cake!



Billy's mom was in town for the weekend and she got me there under the illusion of "getting me out of the house for awhile". :)
Brandi drove down from Kansas to surprise me and then came to the house for the afternoon and stayed for dinner. Here is my friend Lisa with her daughter Tabitha.

I knew Lisa in college too.Here is Shannon whom I have known since I was 12. I consider her family.

And my friend Whitney from our new church and Lifegroup.

She is pregnant with her 4th girl! Jasmine slept and then spent the rest of the shower in Auntie Brandi's arms!

My friend Shelly was also there, but I don't have a good photo of her from my camera. :(

The ladies spoiled us with diapers and bottles, pacifiers, gift cards, clothes, etc.

A bottle dryer and Target giftcard from Shannon's daughter Steph!

Stephanie's brother and new wife also sent a Target giftcard. LOVE it!!
Vivi helped open everything.

What sweet friends!!

Thank you SO much Brooke for a wonderful shower, and to all my friends who came and those who couldn't make it but sent or brought gifts to our home in the past week. Including blog and facebook friends!! Wow. We are still receiving gifts every single day for Jasmine. This baby has been SO well received it makes my head spin. It all means so very much to me, I can't even tell you. The best I can do is blog about it and hope you see my gratitude! I have been using the giftcards to buy items off my registry with free shipping. That has added to the mail coming to the house, which is SO much fun...so the shower is never really over...atleast not yet!


We had our first post placement visit from the adoption agency today and I was able to tell her how excited everyone is for Jasmine's life and role in our family. I can't wait to get the nursery done so I can show ya'll that!!

5 friends commented!:

Unknown said...

FINALLY !!! Ive been waiting for this post ALL weekend !! :) I was teased with pics from Brandi's facebook !! couldnt wait to hear how surprised you were !! Im so very happy for you Laurie !! Post more pics of the baby !!

paigescrib. said...

sorry we couldn't make it, looks like fun(:

Kimberly said...

Glad you had a good time!! It was a hard secret to keep, that's one of the reasons I came by during the week. I was not able to make it because my sister was in town. It looks like you had a good time!! I am glad everything went well. Jasmine is such a blesssing!

Ebe said...

This is wonderful!! What a blessing.

Wendy said...

How nice is that?! Looks like you had a wonderful time. :)