Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting Around Town

I have been working the Moby Wrap these days and aside from the Miracle Blanket, this is my favorite baby product. It holds Jasmine tight (I pulled her out a little for this photo) and I can walk across all kind of terrain without dealing with a bulky stroller. This is invaluable with 3 other little kids I have to keep up with . One must be on their toes at all times. Today I even wore it and put 70 lbs. of preschoolers in the double stroller to walk to McDonalds and meet a friend for lunch. It is several blocks away, so it was trek! Jasmine almost always sleeps in the Moby wrap and actually garners a lot more attention then when in the stroller. Not that I always like the attention, especially when nosy strangers begin their onslaught of questions. I did have a funny thing happen at school, though! Yesterday on my walk to get Isaac I had an African American boy say in shock, "That baby is brown" several times as I walked past the bus line. Then this morning another African American kindergartner said "Hey Isaac, why your Mama got a brown baby?" I laughed and Isaac looked at me wondering what to say. I said "Isaac, he wants to know about your baby sister." They walked into the school and I don't know what else was said. But it cracked me up that the boy was not questioning how Isaac had a white mama, but how his white mama could possibly have a brown baby! So funny.

2 friends commented!:

Whitney Weir said...

Aren't kids hilarious!? Oh to know what goes on inside those little minds sometimes. Would have loved to have heard the rest of their conversation!

Betsy said...

I recently got a Moby wrap too and I love it! Joshua falls asleep in that thing in 5-10 minutes every time!