I want to say to those who read my words on the below blog and feel inspired to maybe leave the rollercoaster of infertility treatments....or who so desperately desire to let go of the grief of barrenness that has plagued you for so long, I thought I would share with you the words I wrote two years ago.
Infertility Grief
And the words from my old blog:
Adopted With Love
God was doing a work in me even then. And in just two short (or long however you look at it) years, He has brought me out of despair for what could have been that never was, and has brought me to the place of understanding, acceptance, and true peace. Hear this though- adoption does not heal those wounds on its own or automatically. It is a journey. For me, it was a journey of 7 years coming to a place of peace after having adopted 4 beautiful children. But, like any and all losses...no they do not ever go away. I have seen firsthand though how the Lord redeems grief and brings about true and immense JOY.
I pray this for every mom and mom-to-be out there reading my blog whose own story is that parenthood did not come easy for you. May you too experience peace on the journey our Lord had planned for you from before the beginning of time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 friends commented!:
My story of motherhood did not come easy, either.
I could get pregnant, but not stay that way for longer than a 11 weeks or so. I kept praying to get to that magical 12-week or 2nd trimester mark. It never happened.
Then I had a heart surgery and the doctors told me to never have a baby because it would be too hard on my heart.
Long story short, and I think I've told it here before, I went through all of that, plus a long-fought battle to adopt my beautiful daughters.
You're so right--that longing pain never goes away. But I can't imagine any other life!
Thank you again! Today is easier than yesterday was. Your words have been soothing my aching heart. It's amazing how God uses each and everyone of us! God is faithful and good.
Post a Comment