I wanted a new wreath for our front door, but felt bad just tossing the old one that I made our first Christmas married...it felt wasteful. But as you can see...the wreath was tired looking, plain and not at all cute!! Plus, over the years pieces of it had gone missing.
It definitely needed a makeover.
So I took everything off it and fluffed the branches...
And with my clean bare wreath, I used some red and green tulle I had left over from last year's package wrapping to tie bows all around it.
Then I hot glued a $2.50 package of 6 red glitter balls all around.
I added some small ornaments I had bought last year on clearance, a bow made from coordinating ribbon, also left over from last year and....
Tada!!!
Tada!!!
A brand new wreath that this year only cost me the price of the ball ornaments!!
The wreath needed to match my new porch rug bought last year on clearance (do you sense a pattern here...I hate paying full price for Christmas decor!)
Does this inspire you to take something you are tired of looking at and make it brand new?
Have fun crafting for Christmas!!
Have fun crafting for Christmas!!

6 friends commented!:
Love the new wreath! I can't wait to get in our house in a couple weeks and let the crafting begin! :)
Now, my wreath - the one you made me the first year you were married - needs updating.
Hahaha!! YES it does!! We can talk color schemes and get that thing fixed up for next year!
Love it! One of my favourite things about getting out the Christmas decorations is pulling out the bags of things I bought on sale after last year! It's like the pre-Christmas Christmas unwrapping new things I had forgotten about!
Chrissie~ Me TOO!! I was like "I forgot I bought that shower curtain! Oh my gosh...look at this cute rug!" And I love that you get new stuff but it doesn't have to come out of an already pre-Christmas strained budget!! Bonus!!!
i think you need to come to hawaii to decorate my house!
Post a Comment