Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chairback Mailboxes

This is my favorite Valentine's Day decor in our home. I bought these off Pottery Barn Kids years ago. Isaac and Vivi have theirs with names but for some reason when I pulled them out to hang up, I discovered that Jayden's does not have his name on it, which means I snatched it up at an actual Pottery Barn Kids store when the website sold out in a week as it does every year. I use these adorable mailboxes to put the Valentines and candy we buy for the kids and those that arrive in the mail awaiting the 14th to be opened. I will tell you though that even though PBK re-issues these every season for $25 (with name)/free shipping, they sell out fast. As you will discover they are already gone from the website, even though I know they were still there as of a week ago. So your best bet in getting one is to find a PBK store, CALL them and have them pull one off the shelf for you...they can often go that fast.
In store, they should be $19.

So Jasmine's will have to wait until next year unless I can get out to the mall by Friday.

They also sell this adorable white envelope chair backer as seen on the left...which is of course, you guessed it- SOLD OUT on the website. If you can sew I found this tutorial to make one similar yourself (on the right) for surely a fraction of the cost.

However, if you really have your heart set on the red mailbox and can't wait until next January 3rd to snag yours off PBK and have zero sewing skills, like myself...then I have GREAT news for you!

I did some hunting and there are talented Etsy sellers who make similar bags with red and gingham and the names...all the cuteness of the PBK bag for a little more money:StitchesAPlenty for $20 with shipping plus 50 cents a letter.

Or this one which is made out of felt not fabric, so decide how you feel about that:
From mommytobeboutique for around $30 with shipping.

And finally there is this super cute option for around $32 with shipping costs: That can either say "Mail" or your child's name according to the seller aLittleFrayed.
(Don't you love these Etsy sewing shop names?! Hilarious!)

So happy shopping or sewing your way to a fun filled Valentine Mailbox Chairbacker!

1 friends commented!:

Deb said...

These are my fav of your valentine stuff. Be happy to get Jayden's name on it next time I'm in town if you want.