In the mail today, arrived the latest book that Billy has two articles featured in. Both talk about our journey with Jayden. The table of contents can be seen here:This book appears to be a fantastic resource as it has categories like: Why Foster; Transitions; Loss, Grief, and Anger; Attachement and Trust, Parenting Teenagers, Allegations, Reunification & Adoption, and more.
It is over 400 pages and looks like a manual or textbook. I think all foster parents should purchase this, and I am not just saying that because I am clearly biased!
That is Isaac and Vivi pictured 3rd down there on the cover. The book also has photos of Billy with our 3 oldest on the back cover, a family photo of us with Isaac and Vivi, and other photos throughout. It is so exciting! Vivi saw her name in the book and shrieked,
"I'm in a book!! I'm in a book!!!"
Tonight, Isaac wanted me to read the article Billy called A Second Chance For A Background, about our joy in having Jayden come home; giving us a huge piece of Isaac's birthfamily and history...even if it was going to be temporary. Isaac started crying and wiping his eyes real fast. I asked him what part of it was making him sad and he said, "the part where Jayden had a lot to go through before he came home to us."
The thought that his brother lived somewhere else for two and a half years really tore him up.
Me too, I told him.
It was so sweet to see this elder brother protective love he has for Jayden.
Billy wrote this article before we finalized Jayden's adoption, so he talks about the possibility that existed for us in taking him and having to face losing him. Billy writes on page 363:
"we're grateful for the memories we got to build with J in our lives, moments like Isaac's first day of kindergarten, Isaac's sixth birthday.
We had spent years praying for a letter or photo from his birthfamily.
We didn't expect we'd get another son."
I choked up reading that and Isaac said "oooh."
The impact of Jayden's life and homecoming hit us at the same time.
He isn't just Isaac's long lost brother, all of our kids have biological siblings "out there"...we have come to terms with that.
The difference with Jayden, is that he is the son we were always meant to have.
He belonged here. God brought him home.
So go get The Foster Parenting Toolbox on Amazon as soon as it releases. :)
2 friends commented!:
Great now I'm going to cry when I read his article because I'll remember this story. Such a sweet son you have, both of them.
I'm going to get this one for sure.
Congrats to your family! How great that your husband's writing is featured in this book!
Love it!
Post a Comment