I am part of a freezer cooking group of 3 other women from church who meet once a month to prepare meals for our families. It has been a HUGE blessing for me to have two weeks off each week in meal planning and prep. At our last meeting, we prepared 9 meals and one dessert and our total per family was only $50. I can't make that many family meals on my own for that cheap.
The first step is to find freezer friendly meals that your family will enjoy.
Our friend Robin does this for us and then emails the menu and the list of pre-night duties, like shopping in bulk and cooking meat ahead of time.
Then we bring all of our assigned items to Maile's house and begin to prepare them by selecting a recipe and either filling 4 gallon bags or 4 foil pans with each recipe.
At the end of the night, when all items are prepared and the dishes are clean: Robin totals up how much each wife owes based on what we contributed that night.
Then we divvy up all the meals per household, load up our coolers and go home with 2 weeks worth of meals...factoring in nights you eat out or order in.
I love my freezer cooking group!
My next plan is to get involved with a local fruit/vegetable co-op so we can all eat more produce around here. Plus, my Chiropractor wants me drinking over 100 ounces of water each day. Ugh...I feel like am drowning!! But, I gave up soda completely so this will be another step in getting healthy!






5 friends commented!:
Lemon, lime or orange slices in your water. Helps a ton! And decaf tea would count :)
Love this idea!!!!
I love, LOVE this idea! I wonder if I can get some friends to do it with me... Do you know where you friend gets the recipies?
I want to know where she gets the recipies too!! I have a friend I might get to do this with too. Great idea!
Thank you for that facebook group. This is something I've been wanting to do.
Rachel is right, adding a slice of lemon or orange helps make the water better to tolerate.
Post a Comment