Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Splash Day At Preschool

 If I were the kind of mom that put any old suit on my daughter for her preschool splash day, 
my life would be so much simpler.

But, I'm not.

Months ago I hunted down matching sister zebra bathing suits for this summer, and found them on sale at Osh Kosh B Gosh. The girls and I rushed to the nearest outlet to snatch up their sizes. Of course I had to pick them up matching flip flops too...afterall they were also on sale and I had a coupon. Not to mention a wonderfully supportive husband who pays for my habit. ;) 

We won't get into the matching surf board outfits my boys just had to have.
 So naturally Vivi then needed a beach towel. 
I purchased this one off Etsy to go with the suit 
and the cover-up dress that she already had.

Yes those are zebra flip flops embroidered onto the towel
I dug out her old lunch box and then just had to get her a 
matching beach bag to go with the whole ensemble.
 Good grief, you are thinking?
Me too.
I've got problems people...I've never denied that.
You've seen their birthday parties.

Anyway...so then I beaded and braided her hair.
 And since we were already so far gone, I went ahead and painted her nails.
Zebra, of course.
She has been talking about Splash Day and counting down to it for weeks now.
I think I was just as excited as she was!
Have fun...my precious, adorable, fashionista daughter.

Your Mommy loves you soooooo much.

4 friends commented!:

Joy said...

Oh my goodness. I love every bit of this! I am working on doing a little beach themed something for my girl for vacation. I keep leaning toward crabs. I wanted mermaids, but I can't find any brown skinned mermaids! SO frustrating! You are so much fun!

Deb said...

I love it! It's perfect!
The beads look adorable in her hair.

Laurie said...

Joy: that sounds like a great idea!! I too am doing summer vacation gift buckets for my kids and will blog about that in June. I would recommend going to Etsy and typing in Mermaid Beach Towels in the search bar. Then scroll through and see which ones you like and contact the seller to see if they can do darker skin. I have been able to get things personalized for my kids race pretty easy on Etsy.

CarrieT said...

I never even met you, but you make me smile. Are we even the same species of mother?!?!?! I love my daughter too but I am NOTHING like you in this area! hee hee hee! Oh, well. God loves me even with my lack of talent, and, frankly, lack of interest in stuff like this. Your daughter looks super, duper cute!! She always does. You are one fun mom, that is for sure!! :-)

Carrie T. - glad if my daughter has clothes on without stains! ;-)