Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

**UPDATE AT BOTTOM!!**

Speaking of twelves, that is how old our boys' cousin T turns today. We tried ALL week to work it out for his potential adoptive family and our family to go to their town and take he and K out to dinner tomorrow. Their caseworker is on vacation so we couldn't get the proper clearance. Aside from that I was chewed out by their foster parent supervisor for even having contacted their private agency to seek approval. I was quite distraught by her treatment of me on the phone as though I was trying to do something illegal, but I also know God is WAY bigger than some stranger's attitude towards how much we love these boys. We are heartbroken because this is another year he will not be celebrated. Last year he told me that his foster family didn't even get him a cake. So, even though this is not actually a cake for him...this post is the best I can do to honor and celebrate him today even though he doesn't know it. We are praying and hoping that CPS will MOVE next week to get him placed with his forever family whose Mom has lovingly prepared a room for him and has begun to plan a party for whenever he comes home.

Lord, we lift up T and his circumstance to you on this day that you brought him into the world. We know that you love him more than any of us could, and have a big plan for his life.
We pray that you intercede soon so he can begin his new life of joy, celebrations, and abundant love in Christ.

**UPDATE: So about an hour after I posted this, I got a voicemail from the CPS worker on vacation who said she had approved us taking T and K out for dinner tomorrow night and to have a "wonderful time and please wish him happy birthday for me!" WOW. God sure does come through in the knick of time! Billy and I and the four kids PLUS the potential adoptive family for T will caravan an hour away to pick the boys up in their two foster homes and take them to dinner! We are very very grateful to God for this answered prayer. 

4 friends commented!:

Robyn C said...

OK, I've never been a foster parent. But I can't imagine knowing it's a kid's birthday and not even getting him a cake! Or cookies, or pie... whatever dessert he wants. I'm sorry he's had to go through this, and hope he can have a great belated birthday celebration with you. (Can't wait to see the themed parties on your blog!)

Deb said...

How amazing! Once the boys are home and you are all settled in to the new routine and you've finalized your 5th adoption you and Billy should really write your story from start to finish. The steps that God has taken in the past 6 years in your lives and in your children's lives is nothing short of amazing.

Unknown said...

I am with Debbie. Definitely write out your story from start to finish. What an inspiration it is for everyone who reads your blog!!

I was in tears by the end of your blog post. First for sadness for T and then for joy for yall being able to take him and K to dinner. I can't wait to hear about dinner. I know they will so appreciate that. As a child, you should always get a cake or something, as Robyn mentioned. Breaks my heart, but I am so grateful the Lord is working it out for them to be joining wonderful loving homes!!

Mommy3 said...

Amazing. God is good!