School begins for my children in just 4 weeks.
This has had me busy around here getting organized, shopping for clothes and shoes, ordering 3 of their backpacks and lunch boxes from Pottery Barn Kids of course, and all around preparing for the end of summer vacation.
**Tip: I always order my backpacks and lunchboxes from PBK in early June before they roll out their new line because the price is significantly lower for last year's patterns, allowing me to afford personalization and always free shipping. I don't mind having to wait a year for the cute new stuff.
As I'm getting everything together, I have used this time to create a backpack corner in our front room for my youngest four.
Billy hung four hooks and marker boards.
I hung cork boards that I personalized with vinyl lettering from one of my favorite Etsy sellers,
I also hot glued clips to the boards for important papers (like field trip notices, and reminders) to hang.
In the corner is a red bin filled with labeled ziploc bags of socks for each child.
I don't know about you, but I HATE having to scramble for socks for multiple kids at 7 am.
$10 wooden shoe racks complete the corner, where I have added trays (both from Target) to allow me to empty their backpacks upon arriving home and file their papers until I can look through them later.
These racks also serve the purpose of eliminating the common phrase around here of: "where are your shoes?!"
This is also a great place for each child's lunchbox to be ready to go every morning as they head out the door.
The backpack corner sits conveniently in the front room by a window and bench perfect for sitting on to put on and take off shoes.
I sure hope this inspires you to begin to get organized for the kids going back to school!!

7 friends commented!:
Looks great - socks in ziploc idea is genius! Would love to see what you end up doing with the school lunch packing zone.
I am so going to steal your idea and convert my corner by the door!! Love it and thanks for the shout out!!!
I love it! If we didn't homeschool, I would have to use your great idea!
Oh my goodness this is great! I only have one in school but the other goes to preschool and I could use this too.
Wow -- looks great! We use a small bookcase turned on its side to hold our backpacks. I left the shelves in as dividers, which works so far -- when we have a 4th, we will have to figure out a new system!
VERY cute! Good idea using a corner!
LOVE THIS! I'm inspired...time to get to work around here ;) I only have 1, but the socks are still a killer to find in the morning...hoping #2 joins us soon and this will be perfect by our front door!
Post a Comment