Anyone have one of those cabinets in your kitchen that makes no sense. There is random stuff up in there and you hate opening the doors because something is bound to fall on your foot. True confession: that is me.
With several cabinets actually!
Well since K came home, I have been on a rampage around here to conquer my clutter and get organized. On my quest to come up with some kind of system for packing school lunches, I knew I would have to tackle one of my problem cabinets.
It was BAD, people:
K helped me by dragging everything out and then I readjusted certain things that needed to be gone...like pretty much everything.
I came up with this:
With the help of some cute robin's egg blue baskets (my current favorite color) from Dollar Tree, I was able to conquer my problem cabinet and get everything ready for back to school lunch packing.
Now I can just pull out the baskets on the counter, and fill up lunch boxes with the needed items.
Sandwich keepers, ziploc bags, and cutters went in one.
Then small containers with lids.
And finally: baggie clips, cloth napkins, straws, plastic ware, and box tops (for school fundraising).
Then they all went into the cabinet with extra lunch boxes, a basket of foil, bags, and saran wraps, thermos' and reusable bottles for water.
There we have it:
Problem Solved.
Coming up: how to expedite the process of packing lunches.

2 friends commented!:
LOVE the basket for the small packages of baggies. We use a magazine holder for our tall things (foil, plastic wrap, etc) but I need something for the sandwich/snack/gallon bags. Miss you!
Whit
What an awesome idea! And now I have a weekend project :)
Post a Comment