Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Boys' Bedroom Redo

On a whim one night I told Billy that I wanted to
 take down the bunk beds in the boys room.

I gave him no warning.

We knew we would have to sell the dresser to make room for the beds, so I put it on Craigslist at 7:30 in the morning and it was sold by noon.

That put me on a tailspin to complete the room which I did in 24 hours.

I now keep all of their clothes in cute little baskets under their beds.

I went with a Carnival theme so that I could put to good use all of my leftover party decor.


It was a lot of fun.


Here is a list of all of the items I used to pull this off and the cost where applicable:

Bunting duvets with shams, lamp, rug: Ikea $60
Colored sheet sets: Target $30
Carnival signs: Hobby Lobby
Hanging lanterns: Target $7
Underbed baskets: Walmart and Target $32
Carnival Wall Game: Walmart $5
Photo Wall Posters: Edited @ Picmonkey.com; Walgreens $24
Throw Pillows: Etsy Seller Ted and Lucy
Misc. Carnival decor items: Dollar Tree $10




This post featured on...

TidyMomSomewhat Simple shabby creek cottageThe Shabby Nest

4 friends commented!:

Janet said...

What an adorable room. So fun and colorful!

czstout said...

Super cute Laurie! I looooooooove the bedding :] I tried to talk Johnny into that one for our boys and he wasn't having it :[ Oh well! What a cute, quick transformation!!

Mary said...

cute theme!

Angela said...

The before and after both look amazing to me! (I'm not much of a decorator, though.) My boys have bunk beds and we recently took them apart too, and I like the more open feel their room has now.