Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Six Years...

Six years ago today at 12:07 p.m. I was witness to my beautiful first daughter entering the world.

We named her Vivianna Hope which means "Full of Life".

The nurses cleaned her off and her birthmother said,
"Her mom should be the first one to hold her."
And I was.

These 6 years with Vivi have been full of laughter, drama, dresses, bows, shoes, dolls, Barbies, beaches, jewelry, Hawaii, school, cheerleading, Disney World, zebra print, birthday parties, bikes, macaroni and cheese, Sea World, zoos, libraries, Toys R Us, doctors & dentists, water parks, moving 3 times, Christmas presents, sidewalk chalk, puzzles, books, and lots and lots of fun.

Happy Birthday, to my Vivi.

Being a mother to this child has been my dream come true.
To commemorate her 6th birthday, here are the lyrics to
 Martina McBride's:

In My Daughter's Eyes
by Martina Mcbride

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I want to be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes
Everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light
And the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I'm weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart
Is had enough
It's givin' more when you feel like givin' up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

3 friends commented!:

Chanell said...

Awwwww *tear* that is SO beautiful. My greatest dream in life (after being a wife, which I am) is to be the mother of a beautiful daughter like yours.

I will be adopting through foster care, I'm on the road to my little girl!!!!!!!

Chanell said...

Those song lyrics made me cry!!!

Peter and Nancy said...

I've never seen the words to that song -- love it. Happy birthday to your treasure!
Nancy