This is what Billy came out to me doing at 6:30 this morning.
He is used to the fact that when I get something in my head, it has to happen NOW.
What I had in my head was that I needed to lighten up this:
It was just too much black all in one place.
I ordered some chevron wrapping paper off Etsy for just this project~
I knew I wanted to paper the back of the bookshelves in chevron, and this grey and white is the perfect combo.
So I started by clearing everything off and removing the shelves, except for the shelf that is permanent.
Then I got to measuring and cutting, using my tile floor as a guide for cutting a straight line.
I did have some company. :)
Layed out the double sided sticky tape:
And the end result:
Beautiful.
Now in the spirit of keeping it real for you folks...
this was not as easy as it looks.
My cutting was not so exact.
My measurements were off.
It was not the right width to cover all my space.
Bleck.
But as my loving husband coached me,
"It won't matter once everything is on there."
And he was right.
I love the outcome.
Next project:
The Master Bathroom

2 friends commented!:
That's on my to do list in our office as we redo it. But I saw one recently where they used a piece of cardboard to place at the back to avoid the tape. Loved that idea.
Love how this turned out, really big difference in a simple way.
just the right little touch.
Post a Comment