Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Master Bathroom

This is my last renovation for awhile. I promise.
We are finally feeling settled in our house and looking forward to company in a few weeks!

As part of our "get-rid-of-the-wall-paper-fast" mission, 
we fixed up the master bathroom.

When we moved in, it looked like this:


So many stripes.
So much brass.

We asked the painters to please take down the giant builder grade mirror and brass light fixtures (and towel bar). 
They then applied a slate grey paint color to the walls.


Billy hung these adorable individual mirrors and silver light fixtures.

We added a towel ring. I decorated, and Viola!

Even the private toilet room got a makeover.

 I will likely hang the blue flower decor on the wall in there, and get a big art piece for above the tub. 

I am also on the hunt for a chevron grey valance to hang above the window. Let me know if you see one around! :)

Speaking of the tub.
I had not taken a bath in over 5 years, because the bathroom accommodations in our previous locations did not allow for a comfortable bath...showers only.

But this beauty sure does...
The kids are big fans of the jets. :)

The bathroom has a linen closet AND my walk-in.
Billy's own walk-in closet is in our bedroom.

I found these great fabric bins to put in the linen closet.
 

I have plans to turn my closet into a dressing room complete with a chair and lamp. My dresser is already in there.
And of course it has become a catch all of other things...

As the manager of a big family, there are times I just need to retreat.
This bathroom is two doors between me and little people.

Nice. :)

I am in love with how this make-over turned out:

1 friends commented!:

Whitney Weir said...

Looks great! Good work. Love the mirrors