What is the deal with my child's sleep? This is getting REALLY old. It is 5 a.m. on Monday and I have been awake since Billy left for work in the 4:00 hour. Vivi got in bed with me at 4:30. She has been doing this at 5:00 am for the past week or so. She doesn't go back to sleep but instead thrashes around kicking me in the ribs. So I move her back to her bed where she proceeds to scream sometimes up to an hour. I have now anticipated the fit that ensues once she gets up, so I wake Isaac up and move him out to the couch where he can atleast doze in and out without her in his face. But she is so loud I can't get any sleep from across the apartment- I don't know how he does it.
Last night I went to bed at 8:30 because I was so exhausted. That means I didn't get to see any of my favorite show Brothers and Sisters. I just could not stay awake, it felt like torture. And because of my insomnia, once I get woken up- getting back to sleep is next to impossible. So here I am at 5:00 a.m.- I organized some stuff in my closet, checked my email and am angrily blogging as she wails away. Every time I go to the pediatrician I ask about her horrible sleep and they have no suggestions, just siting that she has always been like this. Thanks alot, Doc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 friends commented!:
Well you know I feel your pain. Of course I imagine it's much worse at nearly 2 as well as stronger kicks.
Have you tried reading the No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers. Not sure if it would give you any tips.
There's also a night light I was just talking with someone about. It shines like a sun when it's time to be up and a moon when it's time to sleep. She might get the concept and at least stay in her bed.
Hey girl,
I feel your pain too!! Mazzie wakes up at least twice a night...and it has happened for 2 or three months now. Not sure what it's about, but she comes and wakes us up. UGH. When the girls start sleeping together, I'm sure it will be even more fun when they both wake up.
Oh well, I don't have any suggestions, but I do have a good sleep book...I'll look it up and see if they have any suggestions for the both of us!
brandi
Post a Comment