Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

This Year, I love Summer

Oooh, sprinkle dipped cone? Yum!!

No , I will not be tempted by the lure of your creamy goodness and beckoning colors!
Well, maybe just one little taste.
I'm hooked!! Throw another scoop on here!
Seriously Mom...can I get some mint chocolate chip
or something up on this thing?
I haven't always loved summer. It is long, it is exhausting (I always nannied, so it is one activity after the next!), and it is SO unbelievably HOT. Plus my birthday is in the summer which did not lend itself to parties, as most potential guests were out of town. But this year I have found a new love for summer, as I see it through the eyes of my children. To them, summer rocks! They get to swim, they get to stay up later, they get pizza, they go on vacation, they get lots and lots of time with Mommy, and they get icecream. Summer for them is like the best time of the year!
And so far it has been really good to me too. Still not crazy about the heat though.

I couldn't resist throwing in this shot of Vivi with her first sparkler on the end of a ball of playdough. Just look at that face!!

2 friends commented!:

Deb said...

Yeah, she looks like she's enjoying summer with mommy too. I'm trying to take a few days off to do some things with Isabel this summer. It's kind of nice.

PandaMom said...

Such a cutie! We've been so busy that we have only been swimming ONCE! That's just not right! LOL!

I have totally enjoyed following your vacation and getting excited to meet your family soon when we can all find some time. HA! Our homestudy with CK is in about one minute. Gotta go! ; )