Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

What are we working on?

In the coming week, I will be scheduling medical exams for Billy and I for the adoption and we will be sending out our first round of support letters. Our second round will go out when we are approved for a grant. We had some money saved up, but yesterday the A/C went out and had to be replaced in my van. That ended up costing us $1,400 at Christian Brothers. Yesterday was a pretty devestating day and I am trying to recover from that loss. Billy is out of town all week, so that doesn't help either. But, life must go on.

Most of our time in the coming days will be preparing for a garage sale next Saturday, the 12th. I have already cleaned out our bedroom of all the things we just do not need anymore. Our room and closet need to have lots of additional space because our entire study (except the desk) will be moving in there to get the nursery ready for the furniture to go in. As much as I really do not like doing garage sales, it will feel like such a load off to get half of our garage space back, and to hopefully earn enough money to buy Isaac a dresser (his current one will be the baby's changing table), a mattress for the crib, and hopefully the nursery glider and/or car seat. Those are my goals for the garage sale profit. We have something fun for the kids to do that day for a little additional adoption earnings. All of this in the month of June; and I still have Isaac's class party to put together and host, his teacher gifts to buy, VBS to start up, our home study, 2 friend's birthday parties, a church fellowship, and Isaac will be going off to his grandparents for a week. And it is already 100 degrees out there! I am hoping to fit a water park in somewhere.

We are hoping to be approved by July 1st, if it takes our agency 2 weeks to prepare our home study report. At the time of approval, our profile will be available to a total of 9 agencies that are members of the National Christian Adoption Fellowship. That means that the chances are high that our baby will not be born in Texas this time around. This has me nervous about travel, additional expense, finalization proceedings, etc...but I trust the Lord knows who are baby is and will provide a way.

3 friends commented!:

Gloria Furman said...

Yes, He provides! And He's certainly not intimidated by numbers or deadlines or circumstances. :)

Deb said...

You are very busy but it's exciting things. Will be praying for the garage sale to go well. It's hard work but big profits. Put a jar out with a sign saying that it's for your adoption. We did that once and got a few small donations. You never know who might feel lead to stop by just because it's for an adoption.

Bethany G. said...

Wow, wow! SO excited for you guys!! Are you adopting AA? I would love to adopt again but the cost is so very, very daunting!