Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh...it keeps getting worse. UPDATE

The heat is back up and running!! We had a burned out fuse. And my dear friend Lisa called and kept me company during naptime so I would not have to resort to tears. Isaac is on his way home from the Dr. and should be better by tomorrow. And we are praying the little kids stay well so the weekend won't be a tragedy. This Mama has GOT to get out of this house!!!! I am really feeling sorry for myself right now. Since yesterday, our thermostat won't rise above 60 degrees no matter what we set it on. We know this part is working because it is brand new, so it must be our furnace which is running nonstop but not heating up. We have one duraflame log left and a few firewood logs, but I want to conserve them for tonight when the sun goes down and it really gets cold in here. And I am thinking Isaac might have the flu because he is so thirsty and begging for drinks but he throws up even the smallest amount of water.
Can I cry now or should I wait until naptime?

4 friends commented!:

Deb said...

Yucky yucky! Can you go stay with a friend? I'd offer my inlaws but they're all the way in Keller and that wouldn't be convenient.

Laurie said...

yes I know! With Isaac being so sick, we wouldn't want to infect anyone. But the good news is the heating tech is on his way and Billy just took Isaac to the pediatrician. SO things might start looking up!

Deb said...

That's good news! Hopefully tonight you'll all be cozy and warm with good meds.

Angela said...

Have you tried giving Isaac ginger ale? I think it is the Canada Dry brand that has real ginger in it -- the ginger helps to naturally calm tummies. When I was really sick a while back, I had my husband freeze the ginger ale in an ice cube tray. Then I could eat it as ice chips which are some times better tolerated than water. It is so hard when kids are real sick!