Our adoption agency sent out an email asking several of us if we were okay with our family profiles being shown to an African American woman due early April. We were not given much more information beyond that, other than the fact that she had only known for a couple months that she was pregnant at all. We had a nursery set up for a boy, so when we found out days later that her ultrasound showed the baby was a boy...with a due date of April 22nd, we were thrilled!
We were less than thrilled when we found out that a total of 6 family profiles would be shown to this expectant mother. I figured with us already having 3 kids, our chances of being chosen were WAY down. That is because in that moment, I was relying on chance.
What I needed to focus on was God's sovereign choice.
Because that made all the difference when we got the call on March 28th, that we had indeed been chosen by this birth mom to parent the baby she had given birth to the day before....and it was a GIRL!
Two girls and two boys for our family.
Perfection.
Perfection.
5 friends commented!:
I can't believe it's been a year. I still remember sitting in my living room hearing all about her. Precious memories!
God's sovereign choice. Perfection!
Someone just forwarded your blog to me- We are in that exact position TODAY! Our profile is being shown to a potential birth mother, but she has fifteen profiles to look at- and we already have four children. I want to tell myself it isn't going to happen, but the optimistic part of my heart is insisting there is a chance. I'm so happy for you. I hope our story has a similar ending!
Good to meet you, Rachel!!! That is awesome. Please come back and share if anything happens!!
I love reading your stories. Remarkable. And that picture of her is precious! Sarah had/has that exact same blanket and most of her very first pictures were taken in it too.
I teared up while reading this even though I already knew the story. Jasmine is blessed. Even though her entrance into this world was not ideal or anything we would want for any of our children, God has redeemed that moment. She has a mommy and daddy who adore her. Two brothers who will always watch over her and a sister who will be her best friend in life.
God is good. Even when we don't understand...He does make beauty for ashes!
Post a Comment